Oatmeal, Good Stuff
Here are 6 reasons that if your not already a fan of a delicious oatmeal bowl you’ll certainly become one after ready the benefits below:
1. Prevents Cancer from forming in the body
2. Soluble fiber may reduce LDL cholesterol without lowering HDL cholesterol. LDL is bad; HDL is good.
3. Soluble fiber slows down the digestion of starch. This may be beneficial to diabetics because, when you slow down the digestion of starch, you avoid the sharp rises in your blood sugar level that usually occur following a meal.
4. It has been found that those who eat more oats are less likely to develop heart disease.
5. Fights Cancer.
6. Oats are a good source of many nutrients including vitamin E, zinc, selenium, copper, iron, manganese and magnesium. Oats are also a good source of protein.
Edited By: Ellie Aug 1st 2014