[Adopted from THE BEST OF COOKING LIGHT 13 Magazine]
Total Time: 1 hr. 10 min.
The eraly flavor of this tart, with touches of feta tang,pairs beautifully with a peppery arugula salad.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (preferably extra virgin)
- 2.5 pounds onions, sliced (You can use spring onions too)
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme (You can replace it with grounded thyme)
- 3/4 tablespoon salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 package refrigerated pie dough (It’s much better if you make dough yourself)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (It’s better if you shred the cheese yourself)
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium to high heat, add onions,thyme, salt and pepper; cook it for 20 minutes until the onions become golden-color, stir occasionally.
3. Roll dough out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle fat cheese in center, leaving a 1.5 inch border; top with onion from skillet. Sprinkle with Swiss cheese. Fold piecrust border up and over onion mixture, pleating as you go, leaving a 6-inch wide opening. Combine egg and 2 tablespoon water; brush over dough. This crust the dough better. Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until golden. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve 4
- Calories 402
- Fat 18.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g
- Carb 51.4 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Chol 13 mg
- Sodium 676 mg