As you get older, your skin starts to change.
The changes you might see include the skin losing its elasticity and some of the collagen. It also becomes increasingly dry, and you may begin to see the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Your first instinct might be to try and slow the aging process down, which is entirely reasonable. However, there are steps you can to rejuvenate your skin.
Skin rejuvenation refers to the process whereby the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles is reduced, and loose or sagging skin is firmed. It reverses the skin’s aging process and leaves it looking a lot younger.
If it sounds like skin rejuvenation can only be achieved through plastic surgery, it isn’t. There are lots of products you can use to rejuvenate your skin without having to go under the knife. Among them are certain face creams that can undo what time has done to your skin.
Here are four examples of products you should try for skin rejuvenation:
1. Particle Face Cream for Men
Particle cream is a 6-in-1 treatment, specifically designed for the male skin by expert biochemists, has several ingredients that have been proven effective in skin rejuvenation. It offers several benefits for its users.
- It firms the face up, ridding it of fine lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin. These are the most common signs of aging skin.
- Bags and dark circles under the eyes also make the skin look older. The Particle Cream helps to reduce the visibility of both.
- Prolonged exposure to the sun dehydrates the skin and makes it appear older than it is. Particle Cream restores skin cells damaged by the sun. It also evens out blemishes such as dark spots, which can also make the skin look more aged.
- After using Particle Cream, the skin appears less dull and dry, making it look fresher and younger.
The Vitamin B3, shea butter, coffee seed extract, and hyaluronic acid in Particle Cream firm the skin up, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Vitamin E and jojoba oil both act as anti-inflammatories, reducing redness and speeding up cell restoration.
Furthermore, both Vitamin E and squalene oil are known for their anti-aging properties. The appearance of wrinkles is often preceded by the slowing down of collagen production. Collagen is essential to maintain the skin’s elasticity. Ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate and coffee seed extract boost collagen production.
2. Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter
Josie Maran’s product is perfect for users with sensitive skins, which often react adversely to the presence of fragrances. However, aside from sensitive skin, the Face Butter is suitable for all skin types. It alleviates redness from inflammation, dehydration, and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Despite being labeled a butter, the cream is not oily or greasy. However, it provides the rich moisturizing aging skin needs.
As it contains 100% pure argan oil, the Josie Maran cream provides the skin with the intense nourishment it needs. Essential fatty acids and Vitamin E reduce the signs of aging. The aloe nectar is effective in reducing the redness of the skin, which is associated with inflammation. The skin is softened and smoothed by the shea butter, cucumber extract, and watermelon seed oil.
The Face Butter is quickly absorbed into the skin and doesn’t leave any residue, only a more radiant skin. This product is vegan and cruelty-free.
3. Perricone MD Cold Plasma and Face Serum
Described as a multi-tasker, this product offers several benefits:
- Evens out skin’s texture and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Rectifies skin discoloration, redness caused by inflammation, and uneven skin tone.
- Lifts and firms the skin.
- Replaces dull skin tone with radiance and youthfulness.
The Perricone MD cream uses a unique liquid crystal delivery system, which allows for quicker and deeper penetration into the skin. Despite offering the skin the deep moisturizing and rehydrating effect, the cream is light-weight and quickly absorbed. It is fragrance-free as well.
The cream contains sunflower seed oil, which provides deep moisturization. The rosemary leaf extract protects the skin from the damage caused by the sun and free radical cells in the body. Sodium hyaluronate helps to reverse the appearance of wrinkles. Applied daily, this product promises to bring about an immediate improvement to the skin.
4. La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream
A cream that is rich in nutrients, the La Mer Cream is ultra-soft. It feeds the skin the nutrients it contains, leaving it looking and feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and more youthful. La Mer’s Miracle Broth heals the skin with its sea-sourced ingredients, which are known for their skin renewal properties.
In addition to the sea-based Miracle Broth, the La Mer Cream contains lime tea. Its ocean-sourced ingredients include kelp, seaweed extract, plankton, and sea salt. Other ingredients include shea butter, sweet almond seed meal, sesame seed oil, eucalyptus leaf oil, and soybean seed extract.
The La Mer Moisturizing Soft Cream is recommended for use by those with dry or combination skins. The deep hydration it offers is rich, making it ideal for those whose skin needs extra moisturization. It also evens out the skin tone and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. For optimal effect, the La Mer cream should be applied to the face twice a day.
Advice for using rejuvenating face creams
- Don’t let the price of the product fool you. The most expensive product is not necessarily the most effective.
- Don’t expect an overnight miracle. You need to use most creams for at least a few weeks before the effects become visible.
- Some products may cause side effects like a rash or burning sensation, especially in people with sensitive skin. Always test cream on a small patch of skin before applying it to your whole face.
- Follow the instructions for use if you want to see the best results. Use the cream the number of times the instructions tell you to.
- Don’t expect a cream that has worked for someone else to work for you automatically. Like you, your skin is unique.