10 Natural Solutions To Shrink And Eliminate Myomas
Myomas also referred to as fibroids, are noncancerous growths that can develop in a woman’s uterus during her childbearing years. The exact cause of myomas is unknown but about 80% of women develop this problem by the age of 50. Factors such as genetics, blood vessel or vascular abnormalities, hormones and other growth factors play a large part in the development of fibroids. Myomas are also more common in obese and African-American women, women who have never given birth to a child, or those who had their first menstrual cycle before the age of 10.
Myomas are usually not dangerous and most women who develop these uterine fibroids experience no symptoms. However, heavy menstrual bleeding, prolonged menstrual periods, pelvic pressure, pelvic pain, bladder problems, rectal pressure, and lower back pain are all associated symptoms of myomas.
There are natural remedies to help you eliminate these uterine fibroids.
1. Use a Castor Oil Pack
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid which has anti-inflammatory properties. Try this remedy to aid in the shrinkage of myomas and to help reduce pain. (Note: Do not use this remedy during your menstrual period or if you are trying to conceive.)
- Soak a piece of wool flannel in castor oil.
- Place this piece of wool flannel on your abdomen and cover it with plastic wrap.
- Place a heating pad/hot water bottle on it and cover with an old towel.
- Leave it on for approximately one hour, then remove.
- Repeat this process about 3 to 4 times a week for around a month or until you see improvement.
[/nextpage] [nextpage title=”…”]
Chasteberry is native to southern Europe and the Mediterranean areas and can also be called Vitex agnus-castus. This is a wonderful herbal solution to reduce inflammation, lower estrogen levels, and maintain hormonal balance. Simply take 25 to 30 drops of the chaste berry tincture 2 to 4 times a day. (Note: While this remedy is known to regulation menstruation, it can also reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills.)
3. Milk Thistle
Taking 10 to 25 drops of a milk thistle tincture up to three times a day for 3 to 4 months can help get rid of extra estrogen. Estrogen stimulates cells to release growth factors which contribute to the growth of myomas.
RELATED ARTICLE: Myomas, or Fibroids
Dandelion aids in detoxification of the liver and clearing out excess estrogen.
- Boil 3 tablespoons of dandelion root in 3.5 cups of water.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to steep for an additional 15 minutes before straining.
- Drink 3 times a day for at least 3 months.
5. Green Tea
Drink two or three cups of green tea or take two 400 mg green tea capsules daily for several months. Green tea contains Epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) which offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, along with inhibiting the growth of fibroid cells.
In 2009, a study was published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, researchers proved that African-American women who consumed 4 or more dairy servings a day had a 30% less chance of uterine fibroids compared to those who had less than one serving per day. Another way to help use the benefits of milk to it’s highest ability is to mix the milk with blackstrap molasses, which is high in iron and can help combat anemia that sometimes develops with blood loss due to myomas.
- Mix one or two tablespoons of blackstrap molasses in a three-quarters cup of warm milk.
- Drink it once or twice a day on a regular basis, or at least for several months.
[/nextpage] [nextpage title=”…”]
7. Burdock Root
Another helpful ingredient in improving the liver’s ability to metabolize estrogen.
- Add one teaspoon of dried burdock root to a cup of hot water. Let it steep for 10 to 15 minutes, and then strain it. Drink this tea three times a day.
- Alternatively, you can take 10 to 25 drops of burdock root tincture three times per day.
- Continue either of these remedies daily for 3 to 4 months
8. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is helping in managing uterine fibroid symptoms because it helps remove toxins and promotes weight loss.
- Add one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to an 8 oz. glass of water.
- For taste, feel free to add one tablespoon of blackstrap molasses or another natural sweetener.
- Drink this daily on a regular basis. Gradually increase the dosage of apple cider vinegar from one teaspoon to one or two tablespoons per 8 oz. glass.
With its natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, garlic discourages with a growth of myomas. The best use of this remedy is to eat 3 to 5 garlic cloves each day. If you’re worried about those around you or if the garlic taste/smell is too strong for you, follow up with a glass of milk.
10. Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry is an excellent Ayurvedic remedy to reduce myomas and their symptoms due to being an antioxidant and immunomodulator.
Myomas, or uterine fibroids, can be a painful experience but this condition does not have to rule your every-day life. Try these remedies and discover which one works best for you. Remember to discuss any changes in your treatment plan with your healthcare provider before beginning.