Nuts and walnuts specifically are one of life’s amazing superfoods. Not only are they packed full of beneficial nutrients including polyunsaturated fats, phenols, vitamin E, and tons of antioxidants, but they can also have a surprising effect on a person’s overall health. By including just 5 walnuts per day to your regular diet, you can be sure to reap some amazing health benefits.
How Walnuts Benefit Your Health
By making walnuts a regular staple in your diet, you could possibly live a longer and healthier life. In fact, walnuts have been known to decrease a person’s chances of developing numerous conditions and diseases. It is important to remember that they are high in calories and fat, however, so portion control is important if maximum benefits are to be received and to avoid gaining weight. These health benefits include:
• reduce your waist size by more than half an inch when you replace other foods with walnuts
• reduce your chances of developing heart disease
• easier weight management
• supported brain health
• lower cholesterol
• elevated sperm counts in men
• reduced risk of diabetes
• prevention of cancer
• stronger and healthier hair, skin, and nails
There are more reasons to include walnuts in your regular diet, but as you can see, walnuts can produce many satisfying benefits that can be enjoyed by anyone.
RELATED ARTICLE: This is How Eating 7 Walnuts a Day Changes Your Body
What Happens to Your Body 4 Hours After Eating Just 5 Walnuts?
The effect of eating walnuts is so great that many people experience health benefits within as little as just 4 hours of consumption. 5 walnuts can supply your body with an assortment of nutrients and vitamins, all of which are crucial to keeping your body fueled and moving until your next meal.
The following things happen inside your body within just 4 hours of eating 5 walnuts:
• Stress levels are reduced. Walnuts are known for stabilizing the body’s response to stress, and many people find that the healthy snack help them to avoid the physical side effects associated with stress, such as headaches, elevated heart rate, weight gain, a stiff or tight neck/shoulders, upset stomach (including diarrhea and/or vomiting), and more.
• The antioxidants in walnuts strengthen your heart within hours by battling the free radicals that are known for causing heart disease.
• Omega-3 fatty acids reduce feelings of depression and symptoms of ADHD
• Cholesterol is lowered, specifically in men.
• Organs begin to function more efficiently, therefore preventing the clogging of arteries and other negative health effects. The polyunsaturated fats cause the body to feel full longer, warding off mindless eating in the hours to come.
Even though walnuts are high in fat and calories, they contain numerous nutrients and vitamins that are essential to leading a long and healthy life. They are also known to prevent many diseases and health conditions, including cancer, diabetes, heart disease, and more. They can be added in moderation to any diet, either to be eaten plain as a snack, or chopped and sprinkled into many foods like salads, various side dishes, and even desserts. If consumed in moderation, they will not cause weight gain, but instead, will support a healthier weight and waist size. [/nextpage]