30 One-Minute Tips for Easy Weight Loss
Weight loss often seems too time-consuming to be worth the bother. You know that you need to lose some weight, but there’s just not enough time in your day to prepare all your meals, measure everything you eat, and fit in at least thirty minutes of exercise. If you’re struggling to find the time to begin a quality weight loss program, don’t despair! There are many things you can do to kick-start your weight loss journey that only take minutes.
Change Your Attitude
1. Start with a positive attitude. If you’re convinced that you’ll never be successful, you’re already setting yourself up for failure. When you paste a smile on your face and tell yourself that you can do this, you’ll discover that your weight loss journey is much smoother.
2. Find an exercise routine that you love. If you dread going to the gym, you’re never going to convince yourself to do it often enough to make a difference. If you love your routine, on the other hand, you’ll be eager to get to the gym and get started.
3. Go on your weight loss journey with a friend. Having someone to encourage you along the way is one of the keys to success.
4. Don’t punish yourself for bad days. Tomorrow is a fresh opportunity for a new start!
5. Remind yourself that this attempt isn’t like your past attempts. If you’ve struggled with your weight for years, it can be tempting to talk yourself into failing before you even have a chance to begin. Don’t!
6. Change your perspective from “diet” to “healthy lifestyle.” You’re in this for the long haul. The goal? A better, healthier you!
7. Enlist your entire family. It can be discouraging to see everyone else chowing down on chips and brownies when you can’t. Get your spouse and kids on board with you.
8. Embrace your creative side! There are plenty of low-calorie meal options out there, and experimenting with them can help add variety and enjoyment to your eating habits.
RELATED ARTICLE: A New Study Suggests How To Lose Weight Fast And Keep It Off
9. Put a large bottle of water on your desk, by your favorite chair at home, and in your car. Having easy access to a bottle of water means that you’ll drink when you’re thirsty instead of putting it off. Keeping yourself well hydrated is one of the keys to weight loss.
10. Cut the soda. Not only does soda leave you dehydrated, the excess sugar can be packing on the pounds.
11. Add lemon or lime to your water to freshen it up. Lemon water can also help with your weight loss goals.
12. Take water with you when you exercise.
13. Get in the habit of drinking a large glass of water before lunch. Not only will this help you feel full and prevent you from overeating, it’s a middle of the day hydration break that your body will appreciate.
RELATED ARTICLE: How Does Water Help You Lose Weight?
Changing Your Diet
14. Think addition, not subtraction. Add healthy fruits, vegetables, and lean meats into your diet instead of focusing on what you can’t have.
15. Find fruit and vegetable treats that you love. If you enjoy what you’re eating, you’ll be less likely to feel the need to cheat.
16. Change the focus of your desserts. Instead of topping your ice cream with warm apples, use a little bit of whipped topping or ice cream to complement a bowl full of apples. Instead of a lot of crust and a little berry in your pie, make a berry crumble with a light topping that just adds an accent.
17. Don’t miss out on protein! Make sure that lean meats, eggs, and nuts are a regular part of your diet.
18. Make healthy fats a regular part of your diet.
19. Look for healthy substitutions for some of your favorite unhealthy alternatives.
20. Keep your blood sugar levels even throughout the day. Highs and lows can lead to increased weight gain, not to mention making you slow and sluggish.
21. Park at the back of the lot instead of right at the front. It will force you to walk more.
22. Take the stairs.
23. Look for opportunities to work exercise into your daily schedule. You don’t have to live at the gym to be more active!
24. Pay for a class. You’ll be more likely to go.
25. Get outside and play with your kids. Keeping up with them instead of sitting on the sidelines is one of the best types of exercise you’ll get!
26. Actually, just get outside in general. Being in the fresh air will improve your mood and make you more likely to want to exercise.
27. Exercise buddy Find an exercise buddy, someone you’ll be letting down if you cancel.
28. Switch it up! Doing the same routine all the time, gets boring fast.
29. Book a session with a personal trainer. Many gyms offer the first session free or at a discounted rate, so take advantage of it! A personal trainer will make sure that you’re exercising safely.
30. Turn up the music! For many people, music makes it possible to exercise harder, longer, and stronger.
RELATED ARTICLE: 7 Exercises to Trim and Tone Your Thighs At Home
Losing weight doesn’t have to be time-consuming. By adding exercise to your regular schedule, taking baby steps to improve your nutrition, and drinking more water, you can significantly improve your overall health and wellness. Why wait? Start today and watch the pounds start falling off.