Wash Your Hair With this Incredibly Simple Traditional Recipe for Gorgeous Hair!
Beauty rituals and rice don’t seem to complement one another. But in many parts of the world, rice had been used as a beauty tool for thousands of years. Rice is a natural oil absorber and has anti-aging properties. It’s known to soothe and exfoliate the skin leaving it strikingly soft to the touch. Not only does rice do wonders for the skin, but it leaves hair healthier, stronger, and shinier. Rice contains inositol, a carbohydrate that can repair damaged hair and protect your precious strands from future damage.
Here are two easy, inexpensive, and effective recipes, one for skin and one for hair, which will have you running to your rice container for your next hair and skin emergency!
Rice Facial Masque
This is perfect for daily use since you can use the rice cleanser as a toner to tone and firm your skin, giving you a firm, youthful appearance. You’re going to need rice, water, a cotton pad, and a two containers with a lid. That’s it. Literally.
1. Take your preferred amount of raw, organic rice and place into container.
2. Rinse the rice to remove any dirt.
3. Pour out the dirty water and pour enough cold, purified water over the rice so that there is an inch of water above the rice. (Cold water will close your pores.)
4. Place the lid on your container, shake gently, and sit for ten minutes.
5. At this point, the water should be very milky. Strain the water and rice and put the rice in a separate container.
6. Take your cotton pad and place into the white water. Dab the soaked cotton pad around your face and let the rice water sit on your face for five to ten minutes.
7. Enjoy your firm, glowing skin and the compliments you’ll be receiving!
RELATED ARTICLE: 6 Ingredients to Avoid if You Have Dry Skin
Rice Water for Hair
Rice water is amazing for the hair. It leaves the shaft stronger and healthier giving you hair that not only looks, good but is healthy from the inside out. Using the same rice water you used on your face, you can also use it on your hair! Follow these simple steps once to twice a week to achieve those luscious locs we all lust for.
1. For added nourishment, add one to two drops of your favorite essential oil.
2. After shampooing, pour the rice water over your hair and massage into your scalp and hair.
3. Let it sit for five to ten minutes.
4. Thoroughly rinse and continue to style as usual! You’ll notice your hair will be softer and stronger!
FYI: The leftover rice can be cooked or ground up and added with some of your favorite oils to make an AMAZING body scrub!