“Why you should walk every day?”
Ever wondered why do these fitness coaches vehemently emphasize on walking daily? There were times when our ancestors had no choice but to walk and that resulted into their amazing well-being, both physically and mentally.
Unfortunately we are a generation that lives in times wherein time is money and so people don’t want to WASTE time in walking. All they perceive of walking is equal to wasting time in their lives. You cannot be farther than truth on this one!
Read this blog and you will not ever underestimate the power of daily walking especially for weight loss.
So what benefits does walking daily in our lives bring?
• Walking helps you increase your muscle mass and tone, and, of course, the more muscles you have in your body, the faster will be your metabolism that results into burning of more calories, even when you are not walking. Walking daily helps you in achieving weight loss goals, Period!
• Research shows that walking every day before breakfast for at least 30 to 45 minutes helps in weight loss. You have to walk faster to burn more calories. It is proven that brisk walking is better to running in burning calories faster.
• According to a study conducted at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Life Science Division in Berkley, walking briskly lowers the risk of diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
• For some walking works like a peaceful meditation as it helps to de-clutter your unneeded thoughts. We, human beings are known to create at least 50,000 thoughts every day! Walking helps us to master our thought creating abilities, which results into clarity of thoughts, and, therefore, better decision-making abilities.
• Walking works as antidepressants in case of mild to moderate depression. Walking helps your brain to release endorphins that reduces anxiety and depression.
• Unfortunately many women suffer from arthritis after a particular age. The problem here is that it is difficult to walk and avoiding the walks will do no good either. So what should be done? Physicians reckon that arthritis sufferers should not avoid walking and walk gently at least for 20-30 minutes daily to see effective results in their bodies.
• According to the Stroke Association of the UK, walking briskly for up to 30 minutes daily can help in controlling blood pressures thereby reducing the risk of having a stroke by 27 per cent.
• Did you know that walking daily will keep you energized? Walking helps you in bidding good-byes to fatigue and sluggishness. Walking briskly helps in boosting blood circulation and increases the flow of oxygen to all parts of your body. Therefore, walking helps in keeping you full of life.
Research has proven that walking is one of those forms of exercises that can contribute to your overall well-being at any age.
Walking helps –
• In improving your immune system
• Reduces the risk of having diabetes, asthma and some cancers
• In preventing dementia
• In increasing longevity
• In shaping and toning your body
• To fight cardiovascular diseases
All of us strive for a good life that includes good health, and, walking is a strong medium that can take you ahead in your goal of achieving better health. Walking will surely connect you to your inner self. It will rejuvenate your energies and empower you impeccably from within. Moreover, you sure will not complain for losing those extra inches due to brisk walking.
Nick Wilson is a freelance writer and fitness enthusiast at heart, loves to spend his time with family, friends and enjoy sharing tips and advises online. Recently he is working for Health Care mainly covers topics related to workout, fitness and health. He blogs at HGHEnergizerPlus.com where you can find various bodybuilding solution.