10 Facts You Don’t Know About Your Farts
6. 99 Percent of Gas is Odorless
Although passing gas creates a bad smell, only one percent of the gas is what causes the odor due to sulfur in the body.
7. Women Fart Just as Much as Men
Men may be prone to rip several farts throughout the day, but women are just as gassy and release the same amount as the opposite gender.
8. Too Much Farting Can Be Due to a Lactose Intolerance
If you seem to fart multiple times each hour, it may be due to a lactose intolerance due to an inability to digest dairy and certain nutrients.
9. A Liter of Gas is Passed in Two Days
Gas is continuously being released from the body with an average of a liter passed every two days.
10. Gas Travels at 10 Feet Per Second
There’s a reason why you may smell a funky odor in the room even if someone is sitting on the other side. Gas travels at 10 feet per second for a smell that makes its presence known.