Natural Remedies for Men’s Vitality
Impotence or erectile dysfunction is the second most common lovemaking disorder in men, just behind premature ejaculation. It affects 10-20 million Americans, particularly those over the age of 50. Some causes and potential risk factors for erectile dysfunction are long-term alcohol and/or tobacco consumption, endocrine and hormonal disorders that affect free testosterone, vascular diseases or any circulation problem, diabetes, some types of cancer, and medications. Not all erectile dysfunction causes have biological or physical explanations, there are psychological causes for erectile dysfunction, trauma like rape or physical abuse, extreme fear or anxiety (the term performance anxiety states that sometimes people cannot relax enough to achieve an erection because they are afraid of the perceptions their partner has about their body or their performance), depressed mood, or low energy. Another possible cause of erectile dysfunction is overuse of porn and masturbation which can deplete neurotransmitters involved in healthy response and change it. A mix of natural healthy habits can prevent and treat the dysfunction in most cases, even organic or biological cases. Following are some healthy habits and supplements crucial to healthy $e*[email protected] response for men.
- L-Arginine– Increases creation of nitric oxide. You can find it in many pharmacies and in the bodybuilding industry to increase vascularity of muscles because it pumps more blood through the body. It should increase your love performance.
- Zinc– A mineral found in large proportions in semen. Any zinc deficiency might reduce love drive or normal ejaculation response. Some foods high in zinc are seafood, oysters, spinach, wheat germ, pork, chicken, beef, lamb, nuts, and chocolate.
- Pine bark extract and grape seed increase the benefits of L-Arginine better than L-Arginine alone. It enhances the production of nitric oxide enhancing vascularization and circulation of blood causing better response in erectile tissue.
- Aphrodisiacs- Historically the following herbs, spices, and fruit have been associated with an increase of libido. Anise, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, oats, quebracho, wolfberry, guarana, sage, jasmine, and any essential oil derived from them. Foods including figs, dates, and pomegranates enhance libido as well.
- Ginseng, panax quinquefolius– North American ginseng, it can be found in Eastern North America, its active components are similar to Korean Ginseng. This plant is well known to revitalize and enhace physical, mental, and help organisms adapt to biological stress, reducing levels of cortisol.
- Ginko Biloba– Extract of this Chinese herb has been vastly studied because it improves vascularity and circulation, can improve mental and cognitive properties and prevent stroke and other peripheral vascular accidents. It exhibits antioxidant properties such as preventing free-radical scavenging. In one study it increased the strength of all 4 phases of the love response: desire, excitation, satisfaction, and resolution.
To improve erectile dysfunction try the following activities and habits:
- Stop masturbating and watching porn– This depletes zinc minerals found in semen and dopamine neurotransmitters.
- Take cold showers– Will increase testosterone and circulation.
- Quit Smoking and Alcohol
- Exercise– Nothing beats exercise for regaining vitality, increasing circulation, improving mood, and decreasing anxiety. It will help prevent almost every condition that can lead to erectile dysfunction including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and depression.
Roberson, L. (2010). The 18 Best Supplements for Men. Men’s Health (10544836), 25(7), 98-101.
Mann, D. (1998). Natural Alternatives to Viagra. Better Nutrition, 60(12), 16.