Easy Steps to Purify Your Complexion And Hydrate Dry Skin with this Moisture-Boosting Facial
Your face has to put up with a lot, with the exception of your hands, it is consistently the most exposed part of your body, so it can fall prey to the vagaries of the weather, pollution, and home and office heating, and any number of factors. This can mean clogged pores and facial blemishes. Here is how to avoid them:
This facial steam will help you get rid of pore-clogging dirt and grime, and leave your skin squeaky clean:
Chamomile and Melissa Facial Steam
Steam opens up your pores and eliminates impurities, while Melissa and Chamomile are extremely soothing to the skin.
- Wash and chop a handful of fresh Melissa leaves and Chamomile flowers.
- Pour almost-boiling water into a medium heatproof bowl until it is half full.
- Scatter the herbs on the surface of the water, then lean over the bowl with your face in the steam and your head under a towel. Stay under the towel for about 15 minutes, then wipe your face with a damp cloth and pat it dry.
Avocado Cypress and Lavender Nourishing Mask
Avocado is full of vitamin A, D, and E which nourish and protects the skin, meanwhile lemon juice and cypress oil tone the pores, and lavender acts as a soother.
- In a small owl, mash the flesh of half a ripe avocado.
- Add one teaspoon of lemon juice, then two drops of cypress and three drops of lavender essential oils
- Apply the rich green paste all over the face, avoiding the eye area.
- Leave on for 15 minutes, then wash off with tepid water and pat the skin dry.
100 ways to stay young, Parragon, 2011