Epsom salts have fantastic health benefits that you can enjoy in many different ways including a relaxing bath, a facial scrub, and as a hair volumizer. Epsom salts are the perfect example of one thing that really does fit all.
- Relaxing sedative bath: Soak in warm water with 2 cups Epsom salt.
- Foot soak: Soothe aches, remove odors, and soften rough skin with a foot soak.
- Soak sprains and bruises: Epsom salts will reduce the swelling of sprains and bruises.
- Splinter remover: Soak in Epsom salts, it will draw out the splinter.
- Facial cleanser: To clean your face at night mix a half-teaspoon of Epsom salts with your regular cleansing cream. Just massage into skin and rinse with cold water.
- Homemade oily skin mask: Apply this mask to damp skin: mix 1 tablespoon cognac, 1 raw egg, 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk, the juice of 1 lemon, and one-half teaspoon Epsom salts.
- Skin exfoliator: Massage handfuls of Epsom salts over wet skin, from feet towards the face.
- Remove excess oil from hair: Epsom salt soaks up excess oil from hair, add 9 tablespoons Epsom salts to 1/2 cup oily hair shampoo. Apply one tablespoon of the liquid to your hair when it’s dry, then rinse with cold water. Pour lemon juice or organic apple cider vinegar through the hair, leave on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse.
- Hair volumizer: Combine equal parts deep conditioner and Epsom salts. Warm and work the mixture through your hair and leave on for 20 minutes.
Edited 8/18/14 SCD