I have read several studies lately that eating what’s in season is easier on your digestive system, your metabolism, and your immune system, I put together a short list of late fall super foods that are still good as winter approaches. Enjoy!
- Apples – full of fiber and antioxidants
- Kale – low in calories, high in nutrients like iron, calcium, Vitamins A,C, and K
- Squash – low in calories, high in fiber and Vitamins A & C
- Pomegranate – high in antioxidants, Vitamin C, and fiber
- Pumpkin – high in beta carotene, Vitamin E, and fiber, the seeds are high in zinc, magnesium, protein, Omega 3’s, and fiber
- Cranberry – high in fiber, manganese, Vitamins C and K
Often a little of these foods goes a long way, cranberry and pomegranate pack a high flavor punch into a small amount, add it into different foods. A pumpkin ravioli with peppers is delicious, as is marinara with spaghetti squash instead of pasta. Happy eating!
Edited By: Ellie Aug 4th 14