A personal dentist is not a luxury, but a reasonable choice of a person who takes care of their image and health. The days when the ideal condition of teeth was considered a privilege and only actors or TV presenters could afford the shining smile are in the past. Today, it’s difficult to find a prestigious job or to make a career for the owner of a toothless smile or rotten teeth. But to what kind of a dentist is it better to go with a tooth problem? Let’s find it out.
So what do we want from the doctor?
Having come to the dentist, we want to solve quickly and qualitatively our problem with the teeth. It is important, that in the treatment of teeth, modern technologies and high-quality materials are used. And it is also important that the treated tooth, tooth filling or crown don’t disturb you and serve for a long time. In general, we want to receive high-level expert assistance.
A good specialist can see patients in private ultramodern rooms or work in a state dental clinic. In order to understand that you are in the right place where you will get good services, you need to use a few simple rules.
So, you came to the doctor for the first time, and here are some points at which you should pay attention to:
• The dentist should work with gloves and a mask.
• The office should be clean. All hygienic material must be disposable.
• The dentist should work with an assistant.
• The doctor is obliged to have an outpatient card, where he describes the process of treatment.
• A good doctor will ask about chronic diseases, such as diabetes, and also ask about possible drug intolerance.
Usually, information about the doctor’s qualifications, the completion of additional courses and the certificates are posted on the walls of the cabinet. You can also ask for documents that list the services that the clinic can provide.
The signs of poor-quality service:
• Before the treatment of tooth canals, you had not been offered x-rays.
• The dentists themselves are untidy and the medical tools are not sterile.
• The doctor works without gloves and masks.
• The dentist doesn’t keep the record of treatment procedures.
• During the treatment, you are hurt, and the doctor does nothing to relieve your pain.
• The doctor or other employees of this medical institution are impolite when talking to you.
Another very important factor in choosing a dentist is the trust factor. The patient should fully trust the doctor; believe that he knows what and how to solve the problem. A calm, self-confident, benevolent doctor usually makes exactly such a kind of impression on patients. Not the least role plays the psychological stability of the doctor and his attitude towards patients.
You should be especially
Take care of your teeth since youth. Charming smile is one of the main things that makes us beautiful.
Mapleridge Family Cosmetic Dental Clinic
10175 Keele St #4,