What Happens To Your Body When You Eat One Pear A Day
6) And then there are strokes…yes- pears can also decrease your chances of strokes! Pears contain healing agents that can reduce the chance of a stroke by up to 50%, according to the AHA. Considering that so many Americans are at risk due to bad dietary habits, cutting down on the chance of stroke by half is amazing.
7) Pears are delicious. Don’t forget the bottom line of a pear’s taste! They are sweet and good and can add a delightful snack for any time of day. If you’re bored with apples, bananas and avocado breaks, try pears. They can be an exciting change of pace. They can easily be incorporated into smoothies also to change things up even more.
8) Pears offer phenolic phytonutrients. Yes- it’s hard to pronounce, but that doesn’t mean phenolic phytonutrients aren’t good for you! These are found most readily in pear skins. Experts have long told people to eat skins for added nutrients and with pears this is definitely true. In fact, the skin holds about 50% of the total dietary fiber a pear has to offer.
9) Type-2 Diabetes can be staved off with the help of pears. Type-2 diabetes is a reality in today’s society. More and more people are being diagnosed with it and it is directly related to high-fat and high-cholesterol diets. Good new though- pears don’t have either! By substituting highly caloric snacks with pears, you can easily cut down your fat intake, cholesterol intake and sugar level on a daily basis. This can help keep you safe from diabetes.
10) More about juicing the pear…. When it comes to juicing, pears are a number one choice. The technical term of pear juice that has pulp is “high turbidity” juice. By incorporating the pulp, pear juice with high turbidity can help increase nutrients considerably. It’s delicious and sweet, but also offers a great health value.
If you doubted the power of the pear, don’t. It is one of the healthiest fruits available and if you incorporate it into your diet every day, you will be doing a great thing for your body. Just look at the list above and see how much value this fruit brings. It’s convenient to carry, delicious to eat and will improve your health. Next time you’re looking for a daily snack, look to the pear as your best choice.