What Happens To Your Body When You Eat One Pear A Day
Pears are one of the world’s healthiest foods. The bad news is that they are oftentimes taking a back seat to more exciting fruits like the ubiquitous apple or the juicy pineapple. Forget that- if you’re looking for some real benefits, try a pear. Here are 10 things that happen to you if you eat 1 pear every day:
1) The health benefits of pears are unmatched. Did you know that a pear has about 11% of the daily recommended allowance of vitamin C. Of course, we are taught that oranges are the vitamin C captains of the fruit world, but pears are right up there! Vitamin C helps your immune system strength and helps to prevent infection.
2) On top of vitamin C, pears are great sources of dietary fiber. Dieticians everywhere tell you how much good fiber does for your body. Every pear has about 5-grams of fiber. If you eat enough of it (recommended amount is anywhere from 21-37 grams), you are giving your body the minerals and vitamins it needs to help digest food.
3) One pear a day will also increase your potassium level. Potassium is important because it helps your heart stay healthy. Potassium from pears helps to regulate heart beats and it can help with blood clotting.
4) Did anyone mention vitamin K? Vitamin K is another important element of health and pears offer quite a bit of it. Just one pear per day can provide valuable K vitamins and that means your eyes, bones and brains benefit. It’s recommended to ingest 90-120 micrograms of this vitamin daily. That valuable nutrient helps to bones retain their calcium. It also helps prevent artery hardening.
5) A pear a day can help prevent cancer too. The American Heart Association, AHA, promotes a-pear-a-day idea citing that it can reduce the risk of certain types of cancer.
RELATED ARTICLE: What Happens To Your Body When You Eat 3 Bananas A Day