Your Perky Booty Starts With THESE…
Skinny or not – a bodacious booty is on every woman’s wish list. Genetics, age, and nutrition all play their role, but with the right exercise regimen you can achieve that desired curvature. Confidence will escalate and heads will turn, as you come and go, with a perky posterior to be proud of. This butt and hip workout include variations of exercises by the American Council of Exercise. They will kick your butt and leave you feeling well rounded in all the right places.
Side-Kick on all Fours
– Begin in a Quadruplex position on your hands and knees.
– Raise one bent leg out to the side at a 90-degree angle.
– Make sure your back is straight and your leg should is at hip level.
– Maintain your posture as you straighten your leg directly out to the side. Then bend it again. Do not let your leg fall as you repeat the exercise.
– Do three sets of 20 repetitions per side.
RELATED ARTICLE: A 5-Minute Routine To Strengthen Your Butt & Thighs
– Stand with legs hip-width apart while holding dumbbells at your sides or hold a medicine ball with both hands straight out in front of you.
– Take a large diagonal step across your body to the 11 o’clock position. Then lower into a crossover lunge by forming a 90-degreeee angle with both of your legs. As you sink down to curl the dumbbells toward your upper arms or pull the medicine ball in.
– Raise your lower body back into a standing position and lower the weights or press medicine ball back out as you bring your right knee up and then lower your foot diagonally behind you to the 8 o’clock position.
– As you sink down into the reverse-cross-lunge complete another bicep curl or chest press. This is one rep. Return to the front-cross-lunge and repeat the exercise.
– Do two sets of 15-20 reps on each side.
Booty Kicks with Resistance Bands
– Center a resistance band around the sole of your right foot and hold an end with each hand.
– Lower onto your knees and elbows and keep your back flat by pulling your navel into your spine.
– Extend your right leg behind you. Then pull your knee in without letting your knee or foot touch the ground.
– Do one set of 15-20 reps on each side.
Lateral Band Walks
– Place a resistance band just below your knees
– Stand with your feet hip-width apart and squat halfway down.
– Step out with your right leg as far as you can and place your weight on your heels to fully activate the gluteal muscle.
– Step your left leg to your right and continue to stay low.
– Do three sets of 20-30 reps on each side.
Elbow Plank with Donkey Kick
– Begin in an elbow plank on your forearms and toes. Keep your body straight and do not drop or arch your back.
– Bend your right leg at the knee and push your heel toward the ceiling as high as you can without rocking your hips. – Maintain a straight spine with small movements that concentrate on the glutes and hamstrings.
– Slightly lower the bent leg and repeat the exercise.
– Do two sets of 10 repetitions on each leg.
To enhance your lady lump do these exercises at least two times a week. The ACSM recommends including a well-balanced diet and doing cardiovascular exercise for at least 30 minutes five days a week to improve your results. Don’t forget to drop it like it’s hot and shake what your momma gave ya when you see the results. You go, girl!