10 Most Powerful Foods In The World Which Destroy Cancer Cells
Cancer affects everyone in some way. Considering cancer is such a vicious disease, it may seem a bit trivial to list off foods that can help kill off tiny cancer cells. While eating the following foods does not solve everything, they can be preventive agents that help destroy cancer cells at the base level and boost overall well-being.
1. Cabbage: A study from the University of Oregon found that cruciferous vegetables can kill cancer cells and simultaneously leave healthy cells unharmed. It is also an excellent source of the antioxidant vitamin C that contributes to a better overall immune system.
2. Broccoli: Another cruciferous vegetable, broccoli was shown in the same study to target and kill cancer cells. It is full of sulforaphane, a phytochemical that was shown in the University of Oregon study not only to prevent cancer cells, but also fight off already existent cancer.
3. Raspberries: Raspberries are full of the compound ellagic acid, or a natural anti-carcinogen that prohibits the development of cancer cells. Other foods contain ellagic acid, but raspberries are highly concentrated with it on top of being delicious.
4. Olive Oil: A study from Rutgers University applied the compound oleocanthal to cancer cells and found it punctured vesicles inside the cancer cells that store the cells’ waste. This process causes the cancer cells to basically kill themselves. Olive oil is full of oleocanthal and is perfect for sautéing almost anything.
5. Green Tea: Green tea is full of the compound catechin, an agent that has been shown to protect cells from free radicals associated with cancer that can damage their DNA. The release of catechins is best from loose leaf tea, so skip the baggies and seep away cancerous agents.
6. Tumeric: A review of studies on therapeutic foods suggested curcumin, a component of turmeric, kills tumor cells by regulating multiple cell-signaling pathways. This spice can be added to any dish: scrambled eggs, chicken, and anything else your taste buds desire.
7. Salmon: Salmon is stock-full of omega-3s, a fatty acid that protects against cancer cells. It can be prepared on the grill or in the oven and made extra delicious with a simple brown sugar glaze.
8. Cherries: Perillyl alcohol, a compound known to destroy a variety of cancerous cells, is found in cherries. This scrumptious fruit can be eaten alone, in a fruit salad, or even on top of the occasional ice cream sundae.
9. Garlic: Crush or chop up garlic to release allicin, a compound shown to prevent multiple types of cancer. Garlic adds a unique flavor to any vegetable stir fry or pasta dish, so mix and match to discover endless other foods it pairs well with.
10. Dark Chocolate (in small servings): Cacao beans are packed with anti-oxidants that help reduce the risk of cancer. Milk has been shown to dilute chocolate’s beneficial properties, so go for a high cacao percentage dark chocolate bar and have a couple bites of it each day of the week.
A balanced diet containing these ten foods is an easy step everyone can take to prevent cancer. It is a disease everyone encounters in some way or another, so might as well give these delicious ingredients a try.