6 Super-Easy Home Remedies for Split Ends You Must Try Now— No Haircut Required
Edited By Stephanie Dawson
Split ends are a problem that can affect people with long or short hair, the last 2-3cm of your hair splits apart making your hair look shorter and frizzy. Generally people trim this hair, however there are various things that you can do at home to get rid of nasty split ends. Here is a list of things that can help you:
1. Avocado & olive oil mask This is arguably the most effective and natural hair mask. It will help you get rid of split ends and make your hair shinier and softer. Take half an avocado and 2 Tablespoons virgin olive oil. Mix the in a bowl and mash to make a thick paste. Apply it to your hair, especially the ends, and leave 5-30 minutes depending upon the severity of the problem. Rinse it off and condition your hair normally. It will leave your hair soft and shiny without traces of split ends.
2. Egg mask Eggs can be used to treat split ends. Take an egg yolk and mix with one Tablespoon honey and 3 Tablespoons olive oil. Mix thoroughly. Apply mask to your scalp and hair and cover with a shower cap. Leave it on 10-30 minutes then wash off with a mild shampoo.
3. Beer mask Not many know about this unexplored side of beer. Beer contains protein and sugar, both of which are important for managing damaged and split ends and for strengthening weak hair. Wash your hair as usual and after conditioning rinse with beer. The only problem with this technique is the smell of beer, but it fades as your hair dries.
4. Jojoba oil Jojoba oil is mostly used for skin but it’s effective in managing split and damaged ends also. Put some jojoba oil in a bowl and apply it to the ends of your hair and leave for some time, even overnight. Doing this repeatedly will leave your hair soft and split-end free.
5. Honey rinse Honey is something that is hair-friendly. It can be used as a home-made conditioner and is effective for split ends. Take 2 Tablespoons honey and mix it with 4 cups lukewarm water. After washing your hair with your regular shampoo and conditioner apply this mixture to your hair and leave for some time. It helps avoid dryness and frizz, the major cause of split ends.
6. Papaya and yogurt This particular mask is a favorite because it’s easy and fun to make, and beneficial for any hair type. Take a raw papaya and remove all its seeds and skin. Put it in a blender and blend to make a pulp, then add half-cup plain yogurt and blend to make a paste. Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and then leave for half an hour. Wash your hair with lukewarm water to get rid of split ends. You can use shampoo after paste if you want.