Blueberry Boost Breakfast Recipe. This recipe makes me want to lick my fingers, hand and the entire plate after I’m finished, and the best part is you will practically lose weight while eating, if you do it in moderation, of course.
This is the perfect way to start your day with a healthy, energizing, and metabolism-boosting breakfast, and all you need is:
• 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon of brown sugar or natural stevia
• 1 teaspoon of baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
• 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
• 2 large eggs
• 1/2 cup of nonfat buttermilk or almond milk
• 1 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
• 2 teaspoon of canola oil, or other oil you choose
• 3/4 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries (or any berry you want)
Begin by placing in a bowl and beating the whole wheat flour, sugar or stevia, baking powder, baking soda and the nutmeg, then whisk the rest of the ingredients (except blueberries and oil) until smooth and combine both mixtures.
Spread the canola oil in a nonstick skillet and place it over medium heat until hot, now, sprinkle some berries on the pancake mixture and cook each pancake until edges are dry (2 minutes).
Add as many fresh berries on top of the fresh pancakes and enjoy this powerful breakfast that thanks to the whole grains and lean protein to help you stay full right through until lunch.