Most of us have heard of various detox diets, but it’s not always necessary to go to extremes. It’s crucial for good health to get rid of all the waste materials and excess calories we take in every day from air pollution, pesticides and chemicals in food, stress, and lack of physical activity, so a few tips on how to clean your insides are always appropriaten, in fact, they should get you started feeling great and get your life back into control! Here are some tips to detoxify your body:
The best way to completely clean your body is with a healthy diet combined with healthy herbal potions, juices, and physical activity. The best way to get rid of toxins is through regular, healthy bowels and kidneys, so drink plenty water and follow the next basic tips:
• Enjoy foods that contain fiber: beans, whole grains, beets, cabbage, leafy greens, and other fresh fruits and vegetables
• Drink green tea
• Vitamin C
• Breathe deeply: it will allow oxygen to circulate better in your body
• Alternate water temperature in your shower: 5 minutes hot / 30 seconds cold water
• Relax your body with a regular practice of stretching exercises like Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi, meditate on a regular basis
• Exercise regularly
• Reduce your intake of nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, and sugar
There are many other things you can do that will help with your detoxifying process, like drinking a lot of fluid because liquids assist normal functioning of the kidneys, liver, colon, and lymph glands. Reduce the amount of calories you ingest daily, but subtly.
Remember that greens are always your friends, and avoid as much as you can refined sugars, white flour, meat and dairy products with high fat content, soft drinks, and alcohol.
If you feel like you need a powerful meal make it plentiful, yet healthy, if you are having cravings eat nuts, make yourself a smoothie, or enjoy a fruit salad with honey and raisins.
Finally, go take a walk, move yourself, anyway you please, but move! This will regulate your blood circulation and get rid of toxins.
Edited 7/30/14 SCD