10-Step Korean Skincare Routine
Korean beauty trends and products have increasingly gained popularity in the United States. Skincare is naturally a part of many Eastern cultures, including Korean, while many on the Western side taken a reactive approach. For example, as soon as a wrinkle, pimple or freckle forms, that’s when many women begin a proper skincare routine. Adhering to a proper skincare regimen is the key to beautiful, flawless skin. Here is a 10-step Korean skincare routine to achieve glowing skin.
1. Pre-cleanse: Cleansing before cleansing? Yes. Double cleansing is extremely popular and involves removing the majority of makeup on your face. Use a makeup remover to remove mascara, lipstick and eyeliner. Then, use an oil cleanser to remove concealer and foundation without stripping the natural oils of your face.
2. Cleanse: Use a water based cleanser to remove impurities like dirt and sweat from your skin. Double cleansing at night is especially crucial. It ensures that you remove residual makeup, sweat and dirt to allow your skin to naturally breathe and regenerate overnight.
3. Exfoliate: Exfoliation clears the pores and also sloughs off dead skin cells, leaving you with fresher and brighter skin. This step is not recommended as a daily use, especially if you have sensitive skin. Instead, consider exfoliating once a week to get soft, fresh skin. Try Neogen Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling Lemon, which works for all skin types.
4. Toner: It’s important to apply toner to balance the skin’s pH levels. This not only helps to restore moisture to dehydrated skin, but it also helps the skin absorb the next products for enhanced benefits. Toner also promotes cell rejuvenation in addition to helping your skin absorb moisturizers, serums and essence.
5. Essence: Popular to Korean skincare routine, essence is a step that many Americans skip or do not know about. Essence works to hydrate the skin, improving cellular turnover and leaving you with a more youthful look. As you age, your skin takes longer to regenerate. Essence helps speed up that process.
[/nextpage] [nextpage title=”…”]
6. Ampoule: Like serums, ampoules help target specific concerns such as pigmentation, acne or wrinkles. Choose one that is specific to the issues that your skin has.
7. Sheet Mask: These masks are like food for the skin and come with different ingredients and nutrients based on what your skin needs. Use a hydrating mask to replenish lost moisture or opt for one with Vitamin C to brighten the skin.
8. Eye Cream: Whatever your eye concerns, there is a cream for your eye’s surrounding skin. It’s important to apply eye cream to target anything from wrinkles to dark circles because the skin around your eyes is thin and very prone to aging. Apply it by gently dabbing it under your eyes so you don’t irritate the delicate skin.
9. Face Cream: Moisturizer is a familiar step that helps lock in moisture and products in the previous steps. Choose a face cream that’s suited for your skin type.
10. SPF: The key to supple, wrinkle-free and younger-looking skin is SPF. Applying this everyday protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays and helps you avoid the development of dark spots and wrinkles.
Pamper and take care of your skin. Following these steps will help you achieve smoother and flawless-looking skin. Consider more skincare rather than makeup. Give your skin the products and ingredients it needs every day. Doing this will help it age well.