What Your Perfume Says About You
Say It By Spraying It: What Your Perfume Says About You
Independent studies have verified that women generally have a keener sense of smell than men. Women are especially sensitive during ovulation with smell-sensitivity to male pheromones reaching levels 10,000 times stronger than normal. Even when not hyper-sensitive, women are still keen on perfumes and other fragrances worn by both men and women.
The type of perfume a woman wears can tell a lot about her. It can also tell a lot about the men in her life. Below is a list of basic psychological factors related to fragrance along with some possible choices and what they may say about the wearer.
What Perfume Says About Us:
Psychological sciences have developed studies to validate theories about smells correlating with personality types. In these studies it was shown that personality types really can directly relate to the fragrance a woman chooses to wear.
Common Fragrance Choices
• Flowery – You are not afraid to be a girly-girl. Organizing girls night out is your specialty and you prefer to handle things on your own. The finer things in life are your playground.
• Oceanic – You love everything about the beach. You have a calm, warm personality and probably love wicker decor and seashell centerpieces. Clean and refreshing is your go-to state of mind.
• Candy or Baked Goods – You are a holiday season kind of girl! You love shopping, especially at Christmas time.
• Fragrance Free – You are comfortable with yourself and not out to impress anyone.
What His Cologne Says About Him:
For a man, his scent generally reveals how he wants to be perceived by others. This is relatively the same mentality women have but to a much smaller degree. Where a man’s choice might be on a whim, a woman’s choice is always calculated. The way a man smells can have a high impact on what type of woman will become attracted, especially during the first meeting.
Common Fragrance Choices
• Natural or Woody – He is probably very reserved and has refined tastes.
• Cool & Minty – This spells spontaneous with a hint of social butterfly.
• Spicy & Musky – Tends to lean towards being introverted but deeply romantic.
• Citrusy & Fresh – Very assertive but uncomplicated.
Your perfume can say a lot about you to others. Not only your likes and dislikes but also your personality. Fragrances can also tell you a lot about men, especially during that first meeting.