Eat 3 super-foods per day
By PositiveMed Team-Costa Rica Office
Edited By: Stephanie Dawson
Super-foods are foods that are rich in phytochemicals that can ward off such modern-day ills as heart disease, cancer, and osteoporosis. Eat these powerful foods often for incredible health and fitness benefits and to keep you looking and feeling as young as possible.
1. Soy: soy products contain all the amino acids required to create a complete protein, making them ideal substitutes for meat.
2. Leafy greens: dark green leafy vegetables, such as broccoli or collard greens, are a rich source of the nutrients that suppress the growth of cancer cells
3. Garlic: along with its cousins the shallot, onion and leek, garlic has many benefits. It boosts immune function and regulates cholesterol and blood pressure levels to prevent heart disease and stroke.
4. Wheatgrass juice: as a potent detoxifier and antibacterial agent, wheatgrass clears poisons from the body and enhances immune and liver function.
5. Shiitake mushroom: mushrooms are valued as powerful cancer fighters, they help fight disease by stimulating the immune system.
6. Flaxseed oil: this is a beneficial omega-3 essential fatty acid, which is essential for optimal brain and cell function, and also works as building blocks for the hormones that regulate your body’s inflammation system.
7. Green tea: low on caffeine and high on catechins, green tea is one of the best anti-tumor foods. Studies have shown that drinking green tea daily for at least six months reduces the chances of contracting cancer.
8. Seaweed: this family of sea vegetables is extremely high in antioxidants, fiber, magnesium, potassium, and iron. Seaweed also contains many anti-inflammatory, immune-boosting, and tumor-suppressing constituents.
9. Blueberries: although we usually think of citrus fruit as the main source of vitamin C, berries are an excellent source of this vital nutrient
10. Almonds: these tasty nuts have tremendous health potential, they are high in healthy fats, and are also packed with vitamins and minerals.