Canker sores, also known as mouth ulcers or aphthous ulcers, are disruptions of oral mucosa and can be extremely painful; it can be caused by sensitivity to gluten.
There are many natural remedies you can try yourself to release these symptoms such as:
• Mix together equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia or Kaopectate and Benylin or Benadryl. Milk of Magnesia and Kaopectate both contain ingredients that coat wet tissues, such as those in the mouth. Benylin and Benadryl contain ingredients that act as mild topical anesthetics and antihistamines (which reduce inflammation). Make sure you don’t swallow it, apply with a cotton swab.
• Take a B-100 B complex vitamin supplement daily.
• Be careful with your diet, some sort of allergic reaction to foods may be to blame (tomatoes for example) You should also stay away from hot foods, in terms of temperature or spiciness.
• Try applying tincture of propolis, available at health food stores. Propolis, the cement made by honeybees to construct their hives, has remarkable antiseptic and healing properties.
• Try Cayenne, which contains capsaicin, a constituent that temporarily desensitizes the nerves that cause pain. That’s why cayenne pepper is in some candy recipes designed to relieve canker sore pain. Probiotics products may also be helpful.
• A little aloe juice from the juicy inner portion of the leaf has potential curative powers, run it over the canker several times daily, it could be just what you need.
• Take slippery elm powder mixed to a paste with water; alternatively, suck on slippery elm lozenges, available in both drug and health food stores.
• Apply ice.
• Switch to a toothpaste that does not contain sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), a foaming agent that may contribute to recurrences. Try natural toothpaste instead.