Natural Tips to Significantly Lower Your High Cholesterol!
It is important to commit to a lifestyle change if you want to improve your health and cholesterol level, you need to be aware that you need to lose excess weight, since it contributes to high cholesterol, try for a healthier diet, remember that what you eat impacts directly on your cholesterol level, choose healthier fats and eliminate trans fat hidden in baked cookies, crackers and snack cakes, and, finally, increase your physical activity, work out up to 30 to 60 minutes a day, it can be anything that keeps you moving, take a walk, ride a bike, anything you want. Most important, if you smoke, stop. Quitting can improve your HDL cholesterol level.
Here are some tips that will help you lower your cholesterol levels and have a better life.
- Limit your dietary cholesterol
- The most concentrated sources of cholesterol include organ meats, and whole milk products. Use lean cuts of meat, and skim milk instead.
- • Select whole grains.
- Various nutrients found in whole grains promote heart health. Oatmeal and oat bran are other good choices.
- • Stock up on fruits and vegetables.
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in dietary fiber, which can help lower cholesterol.
- • Eat heart-healthy fish.
- Salmon, mackerel and herring are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which help promote heart health.
- • Drink alcohol only in moderation.
- Moderate use of alcohol may increase your levels of HDL cholesterol. If you choose to drink, do so in moderation, no more than one drink a day for women and one to two drinks a day for men.