Magnesium, a major mineral essential for human health, is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, according to the National Institutes of Health, and is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body. Here are some healthy sources of this amazing mineral!
1. Kelp delivers 780 mg of Mg–no other food source comes close to that.
2. Wheat germ provides 440 mg of magnesium.
3. Buckwheat contains a whopping 229 mg of magnesium per serving.
4. A cup of raw chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) delivers more than 230 mg of magnesium.
5. A serving of 3.5 ounces of oysters delivers up 76 mg.
6. Spinach, while not high in Maggie, its 88 mg is nutrient rich and delivers a great way to ease the stress of the day.
7. A half-cup of Almonds and cashews delivers 135 mg.
8. One cup of raw cocoa delivers 420 mg.
9. Let’s not forget the importance of Mg-rich water.
10. Bone broth stock, this nutrient-rich base for all manner of soups has provided a critical source for our minerals.