This is Where You Getting Fat The Most And We’ll tell You How To Get Rid of It!
Spanish Version: Aquí Es Donde La Grasa En Realidad Va A Parar
We’ve all heard that weight loss can be helped along by moving more and eating less. But when you have all the necessary information about your body type and how that body type gains and loses weight, you will be better equipped to efficiently lose weight and keep it off.
The Basics: Android and Gynoid Patterns of Fat Distribution
Any form of obesity is generally a risk, but the way fat is distributed can tell you more about your specific health risks. An “android” fat distribution pattern is so called because more men than women exhibit it. You may have heard it described as an “apple” body type, when the waist circumference is greater than that of the hips.
A “gynoid” distribution is most commonly seen in women. This is what many call the “pear” body shape. In this pattern, hip circumference is greater than waist circumference. Of course, some difference in waist and hip circumference is only natural; the magnitude of the ratio counts. To calculate your fat distribution pattern, divide your waist circumference by hip circumference. A ratio of under 0.75 indicates gynoid pattern, while 0.85 or above number indicates an android pattern.
A ratio above 1.0 for men and above 0.8 for women is indicative of a heightened risk for hypertension, type II diabetes, heart disease, gout, and stroke. Even being slightly obese in the android category poses significant risks.
More Specific Types: Android
Of the types of android obesity, there are subtypes that can be indicative of certain issues. There are four android subtypes:
1. Full-upper-body-obesity – More often than not, this simply means a person is eating too much and not exercising enough. If both of those things fail to help you lose weight, it might be time to see a doctor.
2. Stomach-centered obesity (lower abdomen) – this tends to be caused by a spike in the stress hormone cortisol and by depression and anxiety. Exercise and stress-relief techniques can help.
3. Swollen-stomach obesity – This can be caused by excessive alcohol consumption or breathing difficulties.
4. Large, protruding stomach with fat on upper back – This, like type one, is most often caused by inactivity. With this type especially, it is important to keep blood sugar levels stable. don’t go too long without eating, and eat in small increments.
More Specific Types: Gynoid
5. Lower-body obesity – For women with this pattern, it is crucial to perform lower-body resistance training. Cardiovascular exercise is important to ensure adequate fat loss.
6. Lower-body obesity that includes the lower legs – This is most often present in those who are pregnant.
Essentially, the more you know about your fat distribution pattern, the easier it will be for you to modify your training program to lose weight. Of course, talking to a doctor to rule out a hormonal balance or other genetic cause is important.