I want to make this one and the fruit one!! Healthy delicious beautiful treats!
For this project, you will need some craft items and plenty of fresh veggies.
I used 8″x3″ green styrofoam cone, for a just over 12″ tall finished tree, so the shopping lists will work for this size tree. You can also use a pineapple trimmed into a cone for the base, if you use styrofoam you may want to cover it with plastic wrap first.
If you want a smaller or larger tree, just adjust your groceries accordingly.
– Styrofoam cone – 8×3″
– small disposable veggied tray (you will be hot glueing the tree to the tray, so plastic, disposable works best BUT you could forego the glue and just set the tree on a nice dish, too)
– hot glue gun & glue sticks (optional)
– round toothpicks
– round wooden skewers
– Linzer tart cookie cutter (for tiny star shape cutter)
– wire cutter or strong scissor (to cut skewers)
– 3 large bunches Broccoli
– 2 large Broccoliflower
– 1 large Cauliflower
– 1+ Red Bell Pepper (depending if you would like to serve extra on the side)
– 1+ Yellow Bell Pepper (depending if you would like to serve extra on the side)
– 1 package cherry tomato
– 1 jar cocktail onions
– 1 bag of baby carrots
Also to see our amazing Fruit Christmas Tree, click here.
For more please see source: http://www.squidoo.com/veggie-christmas-tree